Product added to cart
Hearing aids are an important aid to hearing impaired people. Now there are many brands of hearing aids on the market, there are many different types of hearing aids, and many people know the names of hearing aids. Today we have to do is to bring you a deeper understanding of hearing aids, I hope our introduction useful to everyone.
Hearing Aid Hearing Aid Selection Guide
Classification of hearing aids
According to the method of conduction of hearing and hearing, hearing aids can be divided into conduction aids, bone conduction aids and tactile hearing aids.
1, air conduction hearing aid is currently generally used, through the air conduction, the sound transmitted to the inner ear of various hearing aids.
2, bone conduction hearing aid through the bone (papillae, teeth, bone, etc.) conduction to the sound transmitted to the inner ear hearing aid. Bone conduction hearing aids are mainly used for severe conductive hearing impairment, as well as external auditory meatus, suppurative otitis media active phase, both ears with external ear atresia, deafness can not use air conduction hearing aids deafness. This hearing aid can be used glasses, hairpin or implantation, so that the receiver close to mastoid or bone. In general, bone conduction hearing aids are not widely used.
3, tactile hearing aid, also known as vibrating hearing aids, and box hearing aids about the same. It uses a vibrator instead of headphones, the use of the vibrator when worn on the wrist like a watch, through the sense of vibration to change the sense of touch to understand the sound. This hearing aid is used for particularly severe deafness. As the vibrator requires strong power amplification, combined with poor perception of the speech signal through tactile sensation, it is generally not promoted.
Classified according to their technical principles
From the technical principles of hearing aids are classified into: electrical hearing aids, electronic tube hearing aids, semiconductor hearing aids, integrated circuits and programmed hearing aids. If hearing instruments are classified using the degree of digital electronics, then hearing aids used in IC hearing aids are based on analogue electronic components, starting with programmed hearing aids, entering digital hearing aids and controlling other analogue components known as Digital-analog hybrid circuit.
After measuring the static frequency response of the hearing aid with various devices, people pay more attention to its dynamic characteristics. Because the sound that the daily people touch is a signal whose intensity and frequency are dynamically changing, the dynamic frequency response distinguishes , Hearing aids can be divided into two categories:
(1) FFR (fixed frequency response, fixed frequency response) hearing aid. Most hearing aids on the market today are such hearing aids whose frequency response characteristics have been established at the time of shipment and that the pitch knob on the hearing aid can only alter its frequency response characteristics to some extent. After setting the parameters of the hearing aid, the personnel of the matching staff will have constant frequency response of the hearing aid regardless of the environment in which the user is placed.
(2) LDFR (level dependent frequency response) hearing aid. Hearing aids using K-Amp circuits are typical TILL types, whereas wide dynamic range compression circuits in most programmable hearing aids are more accurate LDFR types.
Hearing Aid Hearing Aid Selection Guide
Digital hearing aids: For those patients who require higher hearing recovery, digital hearing aids are available. The hearing aid features the following:
(1) further increase the flexibility of control of compression characteristics, adjust the inflection point and compression ratio of hearing aid compression;
(2) It can automatically process the gain and frequency response of the hearing aid, and can set the gain and compression characteristics of different frequency bands according to the characteristics of the hearing loss of the hearing impaired.
(3) The gain of sound from different directions can be controlled nonlinearly automatically to achieve the least noise;
(4) The digital feedback control can effectively increase the gain;
(5) Compared with analog hearing aids to the same sound processing, reducing the battery energy consumption;
(6) Digital dual microphones automatic calibration function of intelligent control of sound gain from different directions;
(7) digital hearing aid low voltage prompts to make it easier to replace the battery, anti-electromagnetic interference to make mobile phone clearer.
Programmable hearing aids: Programmable hearing aids in 1988 by the Blessing company in accordance with the computer-programmable hearing aids to adjust parameters, it has adjustable hearing aids do not have a variety of advantages:
(1) Multichannel processing The digital chip divides the frequency range into multiple channels to determine their gain, compression threshold and compression ratio, respectively, and the range of channels can be freely divided, which is especially suitable for non-flat hearing loss patients.
(2) More sophisticated adjustment Digital hearing aid parameters can be controlled up to a dozen. A programmable hearing aid can be adapted to different degree, different types of hearing loss of hearing-impaired persons.
(3) adjustable compression ratio Traditional compression amplification hearing aids, has been set at the factory fixed compression ratio, which does not necessarily meet the specific loudness of each hearing impaired growth. The digital chip makes the compression ratio adjustable.
(4) The choice of multiple sets of these settings to ensure the use of a variety of acoustic parameters of the environment. When hearing aid users are immersed in quiet offices and noisy markets, a few specific programs and a switch that can be switched at any time are free to choose the best listening experience.
(5) Wide range of applicability Programmable hearing aids are suitable for a wide range of hearing loss curve types and different properties such as flat, ramp, conductive, sensorineural or mixed deafness.
Hearing Aid Hearing Aid Selection Guide
Hearing aid purchase guide
Should first vary from person to person, the correct choice of hearing aids
Based on the type and degree of hearing loss and the actual needs of the patient, the fitting staff selects the line and power of the hearing aid, so that the electroacoustic characteristics of the selected hearing aid can meet the hearing loss needs of the patient and achieve better hearing compensation, The key factor. This link is based on an accurate assessment of hearing. In order to get the correct diagnosis, we should go to the otolaryngology and head and neck surgery department of a regular hospital to check the cause, type and degree of hearing loss and consult a professional audiologist in a formal institution. The audiologist will choose the hearing aid according to the actual needs of the patient. For example, for those elderly hearing loss patients, in hearing aid selection in addition to meet the current needs of the hearing, should also take into account the increasing age, hearing and further decline may be considered in the hearing aid power selection should be considered A certain margin. For patients with hearing disturbances caused by certain pathologies, it is even more important that the hearing aid has some room left over due to the possibility of hearing loss. Patients on the hearing aid appearance, extended functions and other aspects of choice: from the appearance, depends on the size of the hearing aid, the shape and color of the shell, the degree of concealment when worn to meet individual needs. Under normal circumstances, for children patients, because of the auricle and external auditory meatus is still in the process of development, you can choose BTE hearing aids, when the ear due to whistling, replace the ear mold can be. When its ear development is basically mature, more subtle types of hearing aids such as ear canal or deep ear canal hearing aids may be considered. In terms of their ability to operate, older people who are less flexible and those with poor eyesight should consider the difficulty of picking and wearing small hearing aids and choosing the type of hearing aid that is easier to handle. Individual ear canal characteristics, the ear is too narrow and narrow people are generally not suitable for matching with in-ear hearing aids. If you need a larger ventilation holes, wear more comfortable, you can choose to wear back-type hearing aids, and open the vent in the ear mold